New to the industry, Designer Cakes of London have enjoyed great success and growth in the last two years of it’s existence.
Cake Designer Elaine Rhule started baking in her home kitchen in Sierra Leone; playing kitchen assistant to her mother who is a whiz in the kitchen. With years of baking experience under her belt, Elaine has enjoying suppling some of London’s finest.
The secret to our success is very simple – there are no shortcuts. We take pride in our creations and our cakes are made of the finest ingredients to ensure that every client receives not only the freshest cake but also a delicious work of art.
Our approach is simple, we embrace challenges and we Never say Never. We enjoy creating novelty cakes that you will struggle to identify as a cakes. Or, there is no wedding cake too tall for us to design and create.
Our cakes have supplied top London venues including The Dorchester Hotel, The Shard and The Ritz London.
Our Order Process
- We require a non-refundable deposit to secure all cake bookings.
- All deposits expire after 6 months.
- Deposits can be transferred from one wedding cake to another; but not from wedding cakes to a birthday cake for example.
- Though our deposits are transferable, the new order cannot be less than 90% of the original cake order. For example, if a wedding cake cost is £500 the new order will need to be £450 or more as we will not reduce the total order cost by more than 10% of the original order.
- Non-edible inclusions on cake presentations (for example tables, tablecloths, stands) are on hire and a refundable holding deposit is required prior to your event date. This does not include the item’s hire fee. The holding deposit will be returned in full once we receive our items undamaged.
- We do not send out images of cakes to clients (this is for both finished and unfinished cakes)
- We cannot make changes to wedding cake orders within 14 days delivering the order
- Our cake orders do not include cake stands; but, you can hire our stands upon request.
- Order balances need to be cleared as follows:
- Wedding cake – 7 working days before wedding date
- Celebration cakes – 48 hours before our delivery or collection
- Our orders do not include free delivery. Delivery cost is calculated upon a request for delivery and full delivery address provided
- Cakes can be collected at an agreed time (16 Regent Square, DA17 6EP)
- All hired items need to be returned within the time period given or a delay fee is charged. Return address for hired item (16 Regent Square, DA17 6EP)
- On the very odd occasion that delivery is rejected by our usual delivery team, cakes will need to be collected.
Decorative Flowers on Cakes
- We use a number of different mediums for our cakes order. This includes, sugar gumpaste flowers, modelling chocolate flower, Sugar paste flowers, fresh flowers, silk flower, our bespoke paper flowers and edible paper flowers.
- The flowers on our cakes are for decorative purposes despite the medium used. Please remove all flowers when serving cakes. Treat them as non-edible whether they are made from edible materials or not.
Replicating images sent to us
- Our goal when replicating cakes from images sent to us is to use the best match to the decorating equipment used (molds/cutters etc) on the original image. Depending on the equipment used we will probably not be able to replicate exactly but as close as we can get to the original image. As we are quite known for detailed designs we will usually add more detail to your cake than less so we have happy clients. We say this to manage client’s expectations as we are after all making a cake made of edible materials.
Designer Cakes of London have remained very sensitive to the impact of COVID-19; especially its impacts on the hospitality sector in the United Kingdom specifically.
We are currently operating on up to two years of postponement level at no additional cost.
We are allowing customers to be flexible with how they spent their balance on payment made so orders do not need to remain as originally agreed.
We are not offering refunds on deposits or payments made on orders.