New to the industry, Designer Cakes of London have enjoyed great success and growth in the last two years of it’s existence.
Cake Designer Elaine Rhule started baking in her home kitchen in Sierra Leone; playing kitchen assistant to her mother who is a whiz in the kitchen. With years of baking experience under her belt, Elaine has enjoying suppling some of London’s finest.
The secret to our success is very simple – there are no shortcuts. We take pride in our creations and our cakes are made of the finest ingredients to ensure that every client receives not only the freshest cake but also a delicious work of art.
Our approach is simple, we embrace challenges and we Never say Never. We enjoy creating novelty cakes that you will struggle to identify as a cakes. Or, there is no wedding cake too tall for us to design and create.
Our cakes have supplied top London venues including The Dorchester Hotel, The Shard and The Ritz London.
Our Order Process
- We require a non-refundable deposit to secure all cake bookings.
- We accept transfers from one wedding cake to another; but not from wedding cakes to a birthday cake
- Non-edible inclusions on cake presentations (for example tables, tablecloth, stands) are on hire and a refundable holding deposit is required prior to your event date. This does not include the item’s hire fee.
- We do not send out image of cakes to clients (this is for both finished and unfinished cakes)
- Our cake orders do not include cake stands; but, you can hire our stands upon request.
- Order balances need to be cleared as follows:
- Wedding cake – 7 working days before wedding date
- Celebration cakes – 48 hours before our delivery or collection
- Our orders do not include free delivery. Delivery cost is calculated upon a request for delivery and full delivery address provided
- Cakes can be collected at an agreed time (16 Regent Square, DA17 6EP
Decorative Flowers on Cakes
- We use a number of different mediums for our cakes order. This includes, sugar gumpaste flowers, modelling chocolate flower, Sugar paste flowers, fresh flowers, silk flower, our bespoke paper flowers and edible paper flowers.
- The flowers on our cakes are for decorative purposes despite the medium used. Please remove all flowers when serving cakes. Treat them as non-edible whether they are made from edible materials or not.
Replicating images sent to us
- Our goal when replicating cakes from images sent to us is to use the best match to the decorating equipment used (molds/cutters etc) on the original image. Depending on the equipment used we will probably not be able to replicate exactly but as close as we can get to the original image. As we are quite known for detailed designs we will usually add more detail to your cake than less so we have happy clients. We say this to manage client’s expectations as we are after all making a cake made of edible materials.
- Thank you